The Timber Lane PTA Vision is a positive environment for our school community that promotes creativity, well being, and a love of learning, all while celebrating our diversity.
- We foster relationships between our school, our families, and our diverse communities.
- We encourage our children to be lifelong learners and inquirers who lead healthy and active lives.
- We welcome, support, and include every family, teacher, and administrator as an important part of the Timber Lane Elementary School mission.
- We support the Timber Lane Elementary School mission
The Timber Lane Parent Teachers Association is a non-profit organization set up to benefit all of the families and school staff at Timber Lane Elementary School.
The Timber Lane PTA organization is a member of the National PTA Organization (http://www.pta.org/). This benefits us by providing ideas on the structure of the PTA, educational opportunities for our board and general members in running a PTA, gives our members benefits from selected sponsors (for example: reduced travel & insurance), and provides resources and an advocate voice for our community.
What the PTA Does:
The PTA supports and supplements the excellent education provided by TL ES. Additionally, we host events that bring the TL ES together as a community.
- Pays for students’ field trips to enrich their learning experience.
- Offers after-school programs and activities.
- Brings the Timber Lane community together through events such as International Night, Bingo Night, Book Fairs, author visits, Year-end Picnic, and other special events.
- Provides funding for special purchases for the school, such as: PA system, new books for the book room, a floor covering for the gym, classroom supplies, and more.
- Celebrates and thanks our teachers and support staff through Teacher Appreciation Week and our Room Parent Program.
PTA Bylaws: The National PTA requires that local PTA bylaws be reviewed and updated every 5 years. The bylaws, last reviewed in 2013, are available at the link below.