PTA Weekly Blast
September 18, 2017
Fall Fundraiser in Full Swing: There is one more week to help us achieve our fundraising goal! The Fall Fundraiser is our biggest fundraiser of the year and ends on Monday, 9/25. Money raised primarily funds buses for classroom field trips (all grades!). The more money we raise, the more we’re able to give back to the Timber Lane community! Three easy ways to participate:
- Donate to the PTA (tax-deductible): 100% of your donation goes directly to the PTA! Suggested donation is $50 per student enrolled in Timber Lane. Donations may be in any amount via cash, check (made out to TL ES PTA), or online: http://timberlanepta.digitalpto.com/donate/
- Sell items from the BelieveKids Catalog: About 50% of money raised goes to the PTA .
- Do Both!: Sell items from the BelieveKids Catalog items and make a donation!
Register for After School Programs: Get a jump on after school Fall fun and sign up right away! Programs offered are:
- Hip Hop (Grades 1-5)
- Science Wizards (Grades K-2)
- Doodlers (Grades K-6)
- Ultimate Frisbee (Grades 3-6)
- NASA Academy of Space Explorers (Grades 3-6)
- Sports Mix (Grades K-3)
Timber Lane Movie Night: Come and watch “Monsters, Inc.” outside and near the playground on Friday, September 29th at 7pm. This is a free evening; bring your own blankets and favorite snacks!
Volunteers Needed: Check out our most pressing volunteer needs by visiting: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040549aeab229-timber and stay tuned for additional calls for volunteers in support of the DJ Dance Party and Bingo Night!
Girls on the Run: Timber Lane PTA is excited to announce the Fall season of the youth development program, Girls on the Run (GOTR) for girls in grades 3-6. With a 10-week curriculum, the program inspires young girls to be strong, healthy, and confident. At the end of each season, all teams come together for a large celebratory 5K!
- Practices will be held at Timber Lane every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30-4:35 starting September 25th and ending December 6th.
- Register at www.gotrnova.org from today until September 18th! Scholarships available! For questions, contact Angela Torpy (email@example.com) or Nicole Nystrom (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lice Resources for Parents and Guardians:
September is Lice Prevention Month, a great time to provide information to parents and guardians regarding head lice and its treatment. Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) and the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD) have two great resources for parents and guardians who are interested in learning more about lice. Click here and here to access both documents, which are available in English and several other languages.